Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Pasta Pietro for Friends

I am taking an oil painting class, something I have always wanted to do. My homework this week was to make this pasta recipe, created by my instructor, and paint from the experience of cooking it. I made it last night for hubs and some friends. It was delicious! I was a little worried about the amount of garlic, but the taste was delightful and it is an easy dish to put together. I am missing class this week for a much needed vaca, but will post the results of my painting later next week...


 Pasta Pietro, directly from PietroDesigns.com

• 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
• 8 cloves garlic
• 35-oz can peeled tomatoes
• 1 small dried hot pepper
• 1 tsp. salt
• 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
• 2 tbsp. capers
• large bunch Italian parsley, chopped
• 1 lb. imported Italian pasta (e.g. DeCecco)
• 10 sun-dried tomatoes

Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat. Chop garlic and saute for 2 minutes. Drain juice from tomatoes. Chop tomatoes and hot pepper and add to pan. Add salt, capers and black pepper. Cut each sun-dried tomato into 8 pieces and add to pan. Simmer for 20 minutes. Cook and drain pasta, preferably a short shape such as penne or fusilli. Remove half of sauce from pan. Toss pasta in pan and mix well with sauce and chopped parsley. Move pasta to 4 plates and ladle remaining sauce on top of each serving. Serves 4. Mangia!







1 comment:

Matt Wade said...

Firstly, congratulations for surviving that much garlic :-)

Sounds a tasty little recipe... no major ingredients, and anything with sun-dried toms always gets my vote. Nice job!