Sunday, April 18, 2010

Week 15: Sausage, White Bean & Rosemary Frittata

A friend told me she spotted a recipe for a white bean frittata and I was immediately interested. Rather than waiting for her to find the recipe, I concocted my own. I also had two other frit recipes sent to me by my sister and a good friend, both of which I look forward to making.

6 eggs
1 small onion
1/2 can cannelli beans
2 links of chicken/turkey sausage
1 tsp fresh chopped rosemary
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
 

We sauteed the onions and sliced sausage together and then added the white beans toward the end to warm them up. I covered the mixture and let it "simmer" for a couple of minutes. The chopped rosemary got mixed in with the eggs and some salt and pepper and a dash of milk. The egg mixture was poured over the sausage mixture and cooked on the stove top for a few minutes. We transferred the frit to the broiler, allowing it to puff up and brown, then adding the Parmesan cheese to the top and let it melt under the broiler for less than a minute.


This was okay, the sausage really saved this one for me. We should have added a touch more rosemary. I'm usually a big fan of white beans, but I wasn't really in love with them in this frit—they were a little to dry and pasty.  I am curious to see my friend's recipe now to see if I could make the white beans work in a frit. The sausage was awesome. We also had an iceberg wedge with blue cheese dressing and tomatoes, a house favorite.

1 comment:

JKZ said...

Too bad about the beans. The flavor combo sounds great.